Python Robotics made it all the way to Semi-Finals at the Arizona West Regional, and we won the rookie inspiration award!
Rookie All-Star Award – The Adventure is not over
From a regional win in Los Angeles California, the Pythons went home victorious with the Rookie All-Star award. This earned us a spot in the World Championship in Houston but that's far from the end of it, in order to participate we need the funds to get there. Entrance to the Competition itself is nearly half of the total money we need and from where we stand right now, that goal is far off. Help the Phoenix Coding Academy Python Robotics Team 6833 reach the FIRST Robotics World championships in Houston April 19th to 21st ,
Deadline is March 30th and we are nowhere near our goal of $10000
Help today with a Tax Credit Donation
CLICK BELOW TO PAY ONLINE
WHAT TO CHOOSE
Choose Phoenix Coding for the ‘School’
and Robotics Club for the ‘Item’
Checks should be made payable to:
Phoenix Coding Academy –Robotics Club
Attn: George Cardenas
4445 N. Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
- All throughout March 14th - March 17th the team showed outstanding enthusiasm and effort and got to experience the results of six weeks of hard work during build season.
- We made it through all our qualifier matches with our rank averaging between 15-20.
- Once qualifiers were done with, we were chosen for an alliance by one of the top 8 teams which allowed us to proceed to the Quarter-Finals.
- The team tried it's best during these intense matches but we ultimately lost. This was the end of one of our chances to go to the Championships.
- But there was still hope. At each regional competition, there are only five slots available for teams to move on to the next round of competition which is the Championships in Houston, Texas.
- The three teams in the winning alliance took three of those five positions moving on to the next round.
- The fourth spot went to the team that won the Chairman's Award; an award that the Coding Academy Python Robotics team was ineligible of winning due to their rookie status.
- The fifth and final spot was awarded to the recipients of the Rookie All-Star Award. This award was granted to the rookie team that best exemplified what the FIRST Robotics Competition stands for and has a working robot that met the goals of the competition. The Phoenix Coding Academy Python Robotics Team 6833 won the Rookie All-Star Award and clinched the final spot for the Championships in Houston.
During one of our competition days, the pit crew had the amazing chance to meet with Tom Mueller, one of the founding engineers for Space X. It's these kinds of opportunities that give the team exposure and insight to the real world of engineering.
Team 6833 has worked hard to get to this point, we have built our first robot for FRC, and we going to LA to compete in the Los Angeles Regional from the 14th to the 17th. Python Robotics would like to welcome everyone unable to join us at the LA regional to watch the live stream of this team's very first competition. We will keep you updated on social media with when the live stream will start.
Grand Canyon University invites you to the 2018 FIRST Robotics Competition – Arizona West Regional: FIRST®POWER UP. During this challenge, two high school team alliances will work to defeat a video game boss and escape an arcade game! Grab your friends and family, and come cheer on the crews at this free and family-friendly event.
Friday, Apr. 6, 2018 to Saturday, Apr. 7, 2018
SAFETY MANUAL LINK
Build Season is officially over, however, there is still a lot work to do. In the meantime we would like to thank everyone who supported the team and the club by providing tax credit donations, social media following, as well as supplies and food throughout build season.
Robotics shirts are in! Come get yours from Mr. Cardenas' room 206. If you are already a a member of the team come pick it up, if not you can drop by the front desk and pay your $10 to Ms. Vanessa and then come pick it up.
The Los Angeles regional competition is coming up in March 14th and the team currently
All members of Python Robotics please join us at Dual in the Desert on February 17th.
Notice: Code Day is the same day and they overlap.
Please do what you can to help support our team and the road to the Los Angeles FIRST Robotics regional competition March 14th to 17th.
Below are ways you can help.
AZ tax credit
All donations up to $200 for singles or $400 for couples will be credited back to you as a tax credit! The deadline is April 15th if you wish to have your contribution credited for the previous tax year.
Choose "Coding" for the School and "Robotics Club" for the item on the drop down menus
In Person or By Mail:
Attn George Cardenas
4445 N. Central Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85012
For out of state contributors
Thank you for your support!
Python Robotics is making excellent progress on our FRC 2018 robot. We are happy with our progress and hope to see it perform at competition.